Monday, March 10, 2014

Cal's Planets

I have two of Cal's drawings to share.

I found this one in Cal's backpack tonight after putting him to bed.  Stumbling across his work such as this is one of the perks of being Cal's mom (and I think it's safe to say the same for his Dad).  Cal said nothing of it, as if it was some ordinary bit of work that he did at some point today.  Call me biased, but I think this is pretty impressive for a five-year-old.  I love imagining him making these lists and adding the pictures and math problems, focused on his pencils on the paper, transitioning from one color or math problem to another seamlessly, tongue partially sticking out between his lips:


This one Cal drew in the 5-10 minutes after arriving home from school this evening.  Once out of his coat and shoes, he darted off to the "toy room" to get a piece of paper and crayons and then headed directly to the kitchen table with them to draw.  Once he was finished, he moved on to something else, leaving this behind.  He didn't say anything about it - no "Mommy, look what I drew" or "Daddy, I drew the 8 planets!"  He just left it for us to stumble upon... or not:

No comments:

Post a Comment