Monday, August 31, 2015

End-of-Shower Chat with Ella... a quickie

I had the pleasure of showering with Ella tonight, and that use of the word "pleasure" is genuine and means pleasure.  She was fully cooperative and perfectly content -- a sincere delight to be around.

At the end of our shower, it was time to pick up our "froggie" bath mat and suction it to the shower wall.  As we did so, I recalled my ride home from the train tonight when I dodged several tiny frogs on the prairie path near the end of my ride (and noticed some had not been so fortunate, and not by my wheels).  I shared this with Ella.

"You know what, Ellie?" I started, peering directly into her eyes, my eyes wide with excitement.  She was listening.  "On my ride home from the train tonight, I saw a whole bunch of tiny, tiny frogs on the path."  I held up my hand and with my fingers demonstrated how tiny these creatures were.

"Did you also see poop?" she asked, surely recalling her ride with Cal in the Burley being towed by me on my bike a few months ago.  They pointed out every pile of poop we passed, and even some we didn't.

"Yes, I saw some poop," I told her.  I did.

"Were the frogs eating it?" she asked.

I told her that, no, the frogs weren't eating the poop and gave up.  At least one of us was impressed by the tiny frogs.

1 comment:

  1. Last evening, as I was working in my yard, I lifted up some bushes a bit and guess what I saw. Three tiny frogs, like those you must have seen on your ride home! Really tiny little buggers. They scurried around in a playful way for a while, then ran off together deeper into the bush.They were having a good time, and I, too, was impressed by the tiny creatures. And no, they didn't eat any poop when I watched them.

    ReplyDelete