Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Cal's Jokes

I recently shared on Facebook one of Cal's jokes, told out of the blue sometime last week. It went like this, where Dan was his willing assistant:

Cal: "What comes before TUBA?"

Dan: "I don't know -- what comes before tuba?"

Cal:  "ONEba!"

And we all laughed histerically.  So clever, that kid.


Ellen Degeneres dressed as Thor
Just before I headed downstairs this morning, I caught a preview for an upcoming episode of "Ellen" on the TV in our bedroom.  At the end of the preview, Ellen Degeneres was dressed as Thor and told a joke that I tried to keep fresh in my head while I headed downstairs so I could share it with Cal.

"Cal, I have a joke for you," I started.  Cal stopped what he was doing and listened intently.

Me: "Where does Thor go grocery shopping?"

Cal, after a brief pause: "Sports Authority?"

Me, without hesitation: "No, a grocery THOR!!!"

While I laughed histerically, he informed me it wasn't that funny.  I said it was.  He then pointed out that he had said "Sports AuTHORity," emphasis on "THOR."  He was right -- his was funnier, certainly more clever, if I had started the joke differently, which really may have been the correct wording, I'm not sure.  If only I'd catch the Ellen show later today...

So we revised it to go like this:

Question: Where does Thor go shopping?

Answer: Sports AuTHORity!!!

So funny.

Cal then pulled out another one, and we're not sure if this is one of his own or if he heard it somewhere.  He asked me to share it on my blog.

Cal:  "Who's the Incredible Hulk's favorite astronaut?"

Dan:  "I don't know -- who's the Hulk's favorite astronaut?"

Cal: "Neil ARMSTRONG!!!"

We all laughed and announced that we thought Cal could give Uncle Perry a run for his money as a joke teller.  And these are all certainly blog-worthy.

1 comment:

  1. Yet another great blog entry! In my mind's eye, I can clearly see you two yucking it up when this happened. Pretty funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete