Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Facebook Posts - February, 2013

Here are my Leatherkid-related Facebook posts from February, 2013. They are unedited and should generally be assumed to start with "Carla Reiter Leatherman..."

It's a tough call on my favorite post this month.  The Old Navy experience on the 9th was certainly frustrating yet funny... and jogging with Ella in the stroller on the snowy path on the 24th left a mark on me (I've thought about it on every return trip to the path)... and my conversation with Carmen, Cal's friend at school, about her Valentine on the 15th was just too sweet not to love.  I feel like I should say that my post on the 28th is my favorite -- afterall, my beautiful little girl turned 2 that day.  In the end, I have to say that my favorite post was the one on the 7th -- I absolutely cherish those moments with Ella.

At any rate, here they are:

February 1, 2013
Cal to me this AM: "Mom, you look like a grandma."
Dan to Cal: "Stick with 'princess', Cal."

February 2, 2013
wishes her kids would sleep in during the weekend like they try to do during the week.

February 2, 2013
had this fun convo with Ella in the bathroom a few minutes ago:
Ella: "Caow!"
Me: "Cal?"
Ella: "Caow!"
Me: "Cal?"
Ella: "Caow!"
Me: "Oh, Towel."
Ella <scowling>: "Caow!"
Me: "Cow?"
With that Ella smiled and nodded.

February 7, 2013
So Ella insisted that we lay on my bed before nigh nigh instead of reading books... "Mommy's bed?" she repeated as she tapped it with her hand while holding her "bainkie" bunched up in the other. I couldn't lay down with her on my chest fast enough. She just wanted to cuddle. Love those moments.

February 9, 2013
Brought the kids with me to Old Navy earlier today -- pretty distracting, where the tone was set early when we saw their new carts, none of which were the double-kid kind. So one of the workers gave Cal a balloon as incentive to cooperate and walk alongside the cart. It worked for a minute before he was complaining about his balloon being broken. "This balloon is broken," he boldly told another ...worker. "Do you want me to fix it?" she asked him. He did, so she did. So then we spent another 20 minutes in the store, half of which was me yelling "Cal?! Cal?!" unsure where he was. As we checked out, all of the workers were smiling at us (I wasn't); and as we walked away from the counter to leave, Cal yelled, "Bye, everyone!"

February 10, 2013
Aunt Kel Kel trying to sneak a pic with Ya Ya at Christmas.
Aunt Kel Kel and Ya Ya (Christmas, 2012)


February 14, 2013
sent Cal to school today with a bunch of unsigned Valentines and a note telling his teacher that we couldn't get him to cooperate and sign them and maybe she could give it a shot.




February 15, 2013
had this little exchange with Carmen, Cal's little friend from school, earlier this evening:
Carmen: "Did you like my Valentine?"
Me: "We really did!"
Carmen <excited>: "We made it. My mommy did the owl and I cut the paper!"
Me: "You did?! You did an excellent job! It was very creative. We really liked it!"
Carmen <not yet satisfied>: "Did CAL like it?"
Me: "He did!"

And then visions of their wedding flashed through my head. That Carmen's a keeper!

February 16, 2013
just learned from Cal you get a "burn cut" by lighting a knife on fire and then putting dragging the knife across your finger and that you should wear "cooking gloves" to protect yourself from "burn cuts."

February 21, 2013
is listening to the "Sound of Music" soundtrack... again.

February 21, 2013
It took me hundreds of words to basically say this on my blog last night:





February 21, 2013
wonders... Should I push Cal to answer my question, "where are your pants and undies, Cal?"?

February 23, 2013
Just had this convo with Cal:
Me: "Cal, do you have a girlfriend?"
Cal: "No. Girls are slimy."
Me: "They're slimy, huh?"
Cal: "Are you a girl, Mom?"
Me: "I am."
Cal: "Then you're slimy."



February 24, 2013
was THAT jogger pushing a 2-year-old in a jogging stroller on the snowy prairie path just now.

February 25, 2013
Ella in the kitchen this AM, a little whiny and still waking up, "want shoes... coat... coo-kie."

February 28, 2013
Our baby girl turned the BIG TWO today!
Ella, newly 2 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment