Sunday, August 19, 2012

Facebook Posts: Q3, 2011

Here are my Leatherkid-related Facebook posts from July, August and September, 2011. They are unedited and should generally be assumed to start with “Carla Reiter Leatherman…”
There weren't a lot of posts during this time period, and I really don't remember why that's the case.  I do remember vividly the tune to which Cal sang his book-picking-up song on July 21st, and I'm most proud of his rendition of the Notre Dame Fight Song (complete with Leprechaun imitation) on September 16th; but my favorite post during this time period was the one with my mom on August 7th.  It certainly made me laugh the most!
July 7, 2011
A few pics from our trip to Michigan:
Ella sunbathing

Cal the Kayaker
The troops trying to catch some fish
July 7, 2011
Ella getting some quality reading in.

Ella reading

July 10, 2011
enjoyed this exchange this AM:
Cal: I want a cookie, please.
Daddy: No, Cal, no cookies for breakfast.
Cal: Not for breakfast... I want a cookie for dessert.
July 21, 2011
enjoyed Cal's song "I'm Picking Up My Books, So Mommy and Daddy Will Be Happy" earlier this evening.
August 7, 2011

enjoyed this exchange between her mom and son earlier this evening:
Grandma: "It's easy to go poopy in the toilet, Cal."
Cal (without any hesitation): "It's easy to go poopy in my DIAPER."
'nuf said.
August 14, 2011

has a new running partner -- Ella Bella and I went running Thursday, Saturday and today!!!
August 14, 2011
is remembering the days when she rolled out of bed at the crack of dawn to get a training run in and not to change a diaper.
August 17, 2011

is proud of Cal for wearing his big-boy undies all day now but wishes he'd just get his pooping done in one "sitting" instead of fifty.
August 21, 2011
has an opening to hit the trail with the kid and is gonna take it.
August 30, 2011
was told by her son yesterday after work, "Your skirt is pretty, Mommy. You're pretty." So sweet.
August 31, 2011
is enjoying a little extra Mommy-Ella time before heading to work this AM.
September 16, 2011
Poor kid has been set up for a lifetime of disappointment... unless the Irish bring Lou back. At least Cal's not a Cubs fan, so he has that going for him.
September 18, 2011
believes Dan is right when he says we are S-C-R-E-W-E-D... check out this exchange from this AM (2 hours after we proposed stopping for doughnuts on the way home from Grandma's):
Me: Should we stop and get some D-O-U-G-H-N-U-T-S?
Dan: Nah, he won't remember.
Cal: Should we stop and get some D-O-S... get some doughnuts?

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember some of these! Aug 7th is hilarious!
    Val Navarro said a big part of why she goes on FB is to read your kid posts.

    ReplyDelete