Sunday, July 13, 2014

Ella Finishes My Thought (A Quickie)

After surviving our trip to Walgreens this afternoon, Cal on his bicycle, Ella in the wagon, me pulling Ella and giving constant direction and warnings to Cal who was consistently way ahead of us, I praised Cal for a good decision that he had made.  We had bought our chocolate chips, flour and salt and then exited the store to assume our spots on our chosen modes of transportation, not to suggest I had any choice in mine.  Before Cal crossed the parking lot on the path to the sidewalk he stood next to his bicycle and actually looked both ways with no reminder from me.  I was behind him and saw it all and then laid it on thick:

"GOOD JOB, Baby Bear <that nickname just isn't going away and will surely be used as I sit in the stands of the high school watching him play his chosen ball sport>!!!"

"What did I do?" he asked.  I suppose that's good - looking both ways should be second nature.

"You looked both ways before crossing the... the... the WHATEVER," I told him, unable to think of the term for which I was looking.

"Street!" Ella added without skipping a beat.

Yes, Ella finished my thought for me. I suppose she should.  Afterall, she's the one most responsible for taking my ability to have complete thoughts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment