Sunday, July 20, 2014

Ben Franklin Gets a Vacuum Demo (a Quickie)

Cal and I were making our way to pick up a couple of reams of paper before checking out and paying for our goods at Costco this afternoon when he saw someone he recognized.  At the corner of the aisle where we expected to find this paper, a lady was holding a vacuum cleaner and talking to a man who was intently listening to her.  I didn't pay much attention to the two of them until after we passed them and I heard this from my excited son:

"Hey, Ben Franklin!"

I turned and looked closely at the man.  He had wire-rimmed glasses and longish hair that started on the top, side of his head.  On the top of his head and forehead was no hair - he was completely bald on top.  He, indeed, looked like Ben Franklin... a young Ben Franklin, for sure.

I told Cal that he shouldn't say stuff like that, that the person he's talking about may not take it as a compliment.  I don't know how effective I was considering I was laughing all the while.  He's so perceptive and creative and, incidentally, dead on with his people recognitions.  I couldn't help but laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment