Friday, February 14, 2014

My Valentine's Day Messages to Dan

Dear Dan,

While I was at the store last night, I searched for a Valentine's Day card to give you. As your wife, there's an unwritten rule that I'm supposed to give you a card or something special.  More than that, I wanted to.  While we exchange "I love you's" daily, I want to use Valentine's Day as a reason to give you more than those daily messages, and I want to put a little effort into it.

I naturally went first to the witty cards but only giggled at the one with the rooster on the front and the message, "Cock-a-doodle-do me" on the inside.  I then turned to the romantic ones knowing most would be too sappy for my liking but hopeful that I'd uncover one with a peaceful image and a simple message from the heart or one that was perfectly "us." Nothing struck me as worthy of my buying it and giving it to you.

I decided I'd come up with ten Valentine's Day messages that are more "us" and deliver them to you through my blog:
  1. Meet me upstairs at 8:53pm - the kids should be asleep and I should still be awake.  Happy Valentine's Day!
  2. Two kids, a cat and a home - I think we hit a grand slam!  Happy Valentine's Day!
  3. There is no one I'd rather raise these lunatics with than the person who helped me create them.  Happy Valentine's Day!
  4. Crazy sock issues run in your family, not mine.  Happy Valentine's Day!
  5. I saw the cards the kids made for their teachers for Valentine's Day. This is further proof that you really are a great dad, not that we need any proof.  Happy Valentine's Day!
  6. Meet me on the couch for an extra long foot massage today.  Happy Valentine's Day!
  7. No, I did not shut my door.  Happy Valentine's Day!
  8. Here's hoping we don't have to say "no thumb, please" or "wipe your buns" on Valentine's Day!
  9. Thanks for supporting and encouraging me in my recent job choices.  Happy Valentine's Day!
  10. Okay... I have to... Cock-a-doodle-do me!  Happy Valentine's Day!
The kids may occupy most of my heart, but you've been in there the longest.  I love you.

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment