Saturday, January 12, 2013

Facebook Posts, October, 2012

Here are my Leatherkid-related Facebook posts from October, 2012. They are unedited and should generally be assumed to start with "Carla Reiter Leatherman..."

I made a lot of posts this month, so my kids clearly gave me some good material.  Ella eating the lettuce from the head of lettuce and falling into the litter box were classic. And I enjoyed pulling out my sparkly shoes at Cal's request.  I think my favorite was the Chick Fil A post on the 20th -- Cal got me on that one!


October 1, 2012
was called a "princess" and "really pretty" this AM by Cal... It's amazing the positive impact having a supply of wearable pants per Cal's standards has on our mornings.

October 2, 2012
Cal is so sweet - he tucked Puppy (stuffed animal) in to his bed and turned "Cal Can't Help It" (Fergie) on for him before we left for school this AM... This caused some delays in getting out of the house, but how could I not let him do that?

October 3, 2012
had a "first" last night - first time kid fell into litter box... Just after her shower... Re-showered... Good times.

October 4, 2012

Ella sitting on the counter eating, yes, lettuce from the head of the lettuce.
She cracks me up!
Family picture, including Zoe, drawn by Cal.
October 4, 2012
Was just informed by Cal that he was taking the No Whining and No Yelling tasks off of his Rewards Chart because "he's in charge." I have two issues with this...

October 9, 2012
To say that Ella is unskilled at using her utensils is an understatement. I don't think this picture does it justice -- her face and hands were caked in spaghetti sauce shortly after we started eating dinner tonight.



October 9, 2012
Cal's teacher sent us this picture of him today -- apparently, he wrapped himself up like this all by himself at naptime today.




October 13, 2012
Cal this AM: "I want to wear my train shirt today... because I LOVE it."

October 13, 2012
had her sights on running the full prairie path with Ella this AM and is bummed it's raining!

October 15, 2012
had her shirt option for Ella turned down by Cal this AM. "Why not this one, it's Notre Dame?" I asked. "Because it has snaps; I don't like snaps" he replied. Ah. What's sad is I then picked a different, snapless shirt for Ella to wear today.

October 16, 2012
is wearing a skirt and "sparkly" shoes today per Cal's request that I "dress like a princess." Now, who's surprised that I actually HAVE sparkly shoes?

October 16, 2012
  Another drawing by Cal - he's using multiple colors now.
And check out the shoelaces!

October 19, 2012
This is Cal's "Magic Steve" value card -- go to BW3's in Naperville on Kids' Night 5 times, get 5 punches on the card and get a prize or treat from Magic Steve. Now Magic Steve was nice enough and did a decent magic trick that Cal was too young to appreciate and Dan and I were too old not to catch the "trick," but I'm thinking this card is a little inappropriate for its purpose... at least, its purpose for us.

October 20, 2012
had this exchange with Cal as we waited in traffic to turn left into the mall earlier today:
Cal: "Hey, there's Chick Fil A!"
Me: "Yeah, it is Chick Fil A, Cal. <pause> I can smell it... do you smell it?"
Cal: "What?"
Me: "Do you smell Chick Fil A?"
Cal<implying "duh">: "I smell the FOOD at Chick Fil A."
 


October 20, 2012
learned a few things as she pulled into a parking spot at the mall earlier today:
Cal: "Mom, do you know what you do at the mall?"
Me: "What do you do at the mall, Cal?"
Cal: "You get married."
Me<huh?>: "Married? Hmm... I don't know about that."
Cal: "Wait, no, you get embarrassed. And they paint your face red. And you get embarrassed."


October 22, 2012
can't win. Caught up on all of the laundry over the weekend, folded it and proudly put it away... and still had this exchange with Cal this AM:
Cal: "Mom, why don't you wash my favorite pants?!?!"
Me (gulp, wait a second!): "Dude, you mean the ones with the big hole in the knee?!?!"
Cal: "Hole in the knee?"
Me: "Yeah, they have a hole in the knee. They're clean - I just need to patch them up."
Score one for Mommy.


October 24, 2012
was trumped by Ella for her outfit selection this AM:
Me: "How about this shirt <holding up a short-sleeved fushia number>"
Ella: "Nyo."
Me: "Really? Okay, which one do you want to wear?"
Ella: "Dame."
Me: "Huh?"
Ella<pointing>: "Dame."
Me<lightbulb!>: "You want to wear your Notre Dame shirt?"
Ella<nodding>: "Yeah."

I think she would've been perfectly content going to school in her "Dame" (this year's "The Shirt") shirt and diaper as every pair of pants I ran past her as an option was met with a "Nyo." So I decided on the khaki shorts myself.


October 26, 2012
sees keg stands in Ella's future... distant future, but keg stands for sure. The kid can suck down a cup of milk in next to no time at all!

October 27, 2012
Cal took down some big kid at the birthday party today:


October 31, 2012 


Police Officer Cal and Monkey Ella, pre-Trick-or-Treating


Police Officer Cal hamming it up with his friend,
Mahima, between houses while Trick-or-Treating

 Monkey Ella really liked the treats at this house!


October 31, 2012
So we've recently been using MC Hammer's "You Can't Touch This" tune to fire up the troops for bathtime and bedtime (the tune followed by the words "... it's bathtime" or "... it's bedtime" instead of "... you can't touch this.") The kids have been doing a lot of showers lately, so when we sing our Hammer tune for bath night, Ella chimes in with "shower," like tonight:
Dan: "Neh neh neh neh, neh neh, neh neh - it's bathtime."
Ella: "Shower."
Dan: "Neh neh neh neh, neh neh, neh neh - it's bathtime."
Ella: "Shower."
So we did showertime instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment