Saturday, July 4, 2015

Too Sweaty

I had probably given myself 10 minutes to cool down after my excellent run on Thursday morning before heading up the stairs to get showered and dressed for work when I ran into Ella who declared, "Mommy, I'm supposed to wear my camp shirt today."

On top of things as I always am (fer sure), I knew this and told her I had put it out on her dresser for her last night.  She ran to get it and quickly returned with it in her hand.  She told me that she didn't want to wear it to school, which was fine as long as she put it on for the field trip she'd be taking with her classmates later that morning.

I extended my hand to her and asked her, "Do you want me to put it in your backpack?" My head and shirt were still wet (the sweaty kind) from my run, and I'm sure a few beads of sweat were still visible on my forehead.

She pensively looked at me for a bit, concerned but considering my offer.  "Yes," she said, tentatively handing it to me.  "But don't get it too sweaty because I'll have to say, 'Teacher, my camp shirt is TOO SWEATY!'"

As careful as I was with it, I'm sure her shirt didn't make it into her backpack unscathed. I'm also sure it dried before Ella had to reveal any grodiness about it, put there by her sweaty mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment