Saturday, September 8, 2012

Facebook Posts: Q1, 2012

Ella on her First birthday
Here are my Leatherkid-related Facebook posts from January, February and March, 2012. They are unedited and should generally be assumed to start with “Carla Reiter Leatherman…”

It was during this time period that Cal went through his phase of selecting Ella's outfits.  It seemed that every day for a couple of weeks he'd beat me to Ella's room to pick a shirt, bottoms, socks, diaper and headwear that would make up her outfit for the day. And he'd always lay the ensemble out on the floor by her changing table.

While I did get a kick out of that phase (and almost always went with his selected outfit), I think my favorite post in Q1, 2012 was the mashed-potato post on February 24th.  I mean, I didn't appreciate the critique of my cooking; Cal's perspective was simply a memorable hoot.

January 15, 2012
always gets a kick out of this statement from Cal, "Ella, stop chewing on it!"
January 17, 2012
thinks "pants have pockets, deal with it" may not have been the best parenting response to Cal's incessant whining about the pockets on his pants this AM.
January 19, 2012
falls for Cal's "uppy, Mommy, so I can give you one more kiss" every time... had about 5 of them at this morning's drop-off at school.
January 23, 2012
is still amused by the nurse's "does Cal have a vocabulary of at least 50 words and speak in complete sentences?" as Cal was singing "Have A Holly Jolly Christmas" at his 3-year check-up last week. Um, yes.
January 28, 2012
isn't sure what song Cal was singing and drumming while Pam and Joe sang and guitared "8 Days a Week" earlier tonight but enjoyed their show just the same.
February 5, 2012
was just asked by her three-year-old, "how do you spell torment?" I hope it's not actually in his plans today.
February 7, 2012
is still amused by this little exchange:
Cal: <enters bathroom, leaves door wide open, uses potty>
Ella: <follows him into bathroom, ear-to-ear smile on her face> Ahhhh!
Cal: Ella... Ella... I want some privacy, please!

February 8, 2012
sent Ella to school today with pink socks, navy sweatpants, a pink headband and a red "Tough Guy" shirt, outfit picked out (and laid out) by her big brother.
February 9, 2012
decided to put the boy clothes out of Cal's reach in Ella's closet so that he is limited to girl-appropriate clothes when selecting Ella's outfit for the day - today she went to school in a red "fans love me, pitchers fear me" tee, navy sweats and gray-striped sweatsocks.
February 11, 2012
almost has a fourth walker in the house - Ella took two steps on her own today (in a pink outfit chosen by her personal dresser, Cal)!
February 12, 2012
laughed after this exchange just now:
Cal: "I want a juice box... I want a lemonade."
Daddy: "You can have one or the other."
Cal: "The other."
February 16, 2012
isn't sure what Cal is thinking about when he's pensively picking out clothes for Ella to wear - it sure isn't what matches? Today's winning combo was a brown and pink tee with navy and red sweatpants.
February 20, 2012
lost the silent battle of Ella's outfit selection to Cal this AM - I had an outfit already laid out for her on her changing table last night only to find it crammed back in her closet and a new outfit laid out for her on her floor... complete with diaper.
February 22, 2012
Cal wrote Ella's name... and then drew a picture of her.

February 23, 2012
has the sweeted kid -- earlier this evening, Cal told me I looked "pretty" dressed in my skirt... shortly before he poked Ella in the face with his "snorkel" straw in the bathtub.

February 24, 2012
has recently made red mashed potatoes, leaving the skins in them, but opted for fake, instant potatoes for dinner tonight. Cal's feedback was priceless: "These are REAL potatoes. Not the ones with strawberries. I don't like the ones with strawberries. Don't EVER make those again, Mommy."

February 25, 2012
has a fourth walker in the house! Ella is taking lots of unsolicited steps on her own now!
February 28, 2012
just could not fix Cal's "crooked" pants this AM to stop the meltdown and finds it ironic that this is the same kid who, until recently, was perfectly content with his pants put on backward. Oy vey!
 
Birthday kisses from big brother... I love that he doesn't care that she
has cake on her face (taken 2/28; posted 4/6).


February 29, 2012
was just informed by Cal "Mommy, my pants aren't crooked today"... followed by "remember yesterday" when my pants were crooked and I "start whining?"

March 2, 2012
has a son who likes to pick out his sister's outfit for the day and a daughter who likes to carry around her brother's new Spider-Man toy... a little backwards?


March 3, 2012
Cal asked Dan if he could watch some TV this morning... "just ONE episode... not 5, not 3, not 4, not 5... ONE."
March 10, 2012
is having a rough morning with the kiddos. Sure hope a full set of teeth burst through Ella's gums at once (she has none now) and that Cal turns 4, well, sooner than he really turns 4.
March 16, 2012
is encouraged by these words from Cal during our walk home from school: "I'm going to wear my bulldozer jammies <with shorts> to bed and I'm not going to whine about it and I'm not going to yell about it and no thumbsucking and I'm going to say in bed all night and I'm going to get dressed quietly."
March 19, 2012
is enjoying the morning of her day off by drawing letters with Cal and laughing about some of them... as Ella sleeps.
March 20, 2012
is going to pull Cal's long-sleeved t-shirts out of his drawer for a few days so he's forced to wear a short-sleeved t-shirt in this heat. This approach has promise.
March 21, 2012
Loves the Angry Bird head (with bunny ears!) that Cal and Ella got her for her birthday!
March 24, 2012
Me (typing as I say it): "Cal is a cutey patooty."
Cal: "What's a patooty?"
Together: Hee hee hee hee hee
March 24, 2012
wishes the Kid would sleep past 5:30am on the weekends.

March 27, 2012
has a new, very reliable alarm that wakes her up at ~5am everyday with the sound, "Mommy, Mommy, can you turn 'Cal Can't Help It' <Fergie's 'Clumsy'> back on?"

No comments:

Post a Comment