Monday, January 13, 2014

Spiderman Sticks to Things

More often that not, if there's a shower being taken by a Leatherkid or both, I am the chosen parent to get into the shower to assist when needed and to otherwise supervise to ward off any fights or to make sure no kid lands on his back unexpectedly.

Tonight's shower involved three of us -- Ella, Cal and me -- and was dominated by Cal, both in presence and in words.  As usual, he stood in the middle of the hot shower most of the time, forcing Ella to stand on the frog bathmat in the front corner and me to stand kiddy-corner from her in the back corner.  More notable, however, was what he had to say.  It went something like this:

"It's hot.  I like hot showers.  Thank you for opening my body wash, Ella.  I can't open it, but you can.  But I'm still stronger than you are.  Yeah, I'm stronger.  Spiderman sticks to things.  He goes like this, and he sticks to things.  To walls.  To buildings.  Ella wants you to scratch her eye, Mommy.  Not the inside.  The top part.  The top of it.  That red thing on my foot isn't body wash.  It's a floor burn.  Tom and I were playing soccer.  We scored 30 goals.  I fell and dragged my foot on the floor and got a floor burn.  But it doesn't hurt.  If it hurts, it's healing.  How much time is left?  I'm going to wash my hair now.  Buhuhuhuh.  Mommy, I took a shower all by myself!  You didn't even need to help me.  Isn't that good?  Oh, I have to wash my face.  I'm going to get out now because I'm done.  Look, Mommy, I'm a pirate.  I'm drying myself off.  You won't have to dry me off anymore.  When I'm 5-1/2, I can dry myself off.  I'm 5 now.  You don't have to.  Look, Mommy, I'm dry.  Imperial Stormtroopers can see.  Even though they have helmets on, they can still see."

All the while, Ella occasionally yammered on about something, not paying an ounce of attention to Cal but just going about her own business.  That is, except for telling Cal that she can open his body wash but he can't.  Now that she knows this, she opens it for him all on her own initiative and hands it to him before opening hers.  And Cal takes it from her but insists he's still stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment