Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Facebook Posts - December, 2012

Here are my Leatherkid-related Facebook posts from December, 2012. They are unedited and should generally be assumed to start with "Carla Reiter Leatherman..."

December was, of course, Cal's birthday month (my baby boy turned 4!), so that was my favorite "event" of the month.  I especially got a kick out of revisiting the post from December 12th -- Ella, our little "wiper"... so funny! But my favorite post HAS to be the "crown" one on December 31st.  I remember vividly that crown and how excited Cal was to make it for me just before I left for a wake.

December 5, 2012
went in to wake Ella up this AM and had this convo with her:
Me: "Good morning, Ya Ya. It's time to get up.
Ella: <just rolled over>
Me: "Do you feel okay?"
Ella: "Nyo."
Me: "What's wrong, Baby Girl?"
Ella: "Nye nye. Bye <as she waved to me, her head turned toward the wall>


December 10, 2012
Our birthday boy, Cal, enjoyed a train ride with his little sister, Ella, at Choo Choo Johnny's tonight.

Ella and Cal on train at Choo Choo Johnny's

December 10, 2012
One thing I love about Cal is that I can make him this birthday cake and he totally thinks that it looks like Percy (friend of Thomas).
"Percy" cake I made for Cal's birthday

December 10, 2012
Cal, to his cousin, Nora, standing next to him as he opened the birthday gift from her and the the rest of the Guisingers yesterday: "Batteries... THANKS, NORA!!!" Classic.

December 13, 2012
wonders what the better approach is when she forgets to bring diapers to school: recognize it and hope they volunteer dipping into a just-in-case supply for the day OR ignore it and act surprised at my forgetfulness when reminded by the teacher? Either way, I'm a moron.

December 16, 2012
thinks Ella really wants me to drink this Fresca she brought to me... "Mommy's" she said proudly, bringing it to me the first time... "Thank you!" I replied and set it down... "Mommy's" she said, picking it up and handing it to me again... "Thank you!" I replied and set it down... and the cycle continued until she took it away and is now bringing TWO Frescas back.

December 16, 2012
Cal drawing a Rudolph picture.

 


December 16, 2012
Cal putting his birthday money into his bank account (with a little assistance from Daddy).

Cal & Dan at the ATM


December 16, 2012
Cal, earlier this evening when I asked him if he was eating a sucker: "It's not a sucker, it's a licker." And then he went on to explain how he doesn't suck on his suckers like Daddy does -- he licks them, which is why he calls them "lickers."

The kid has a point.


December 18, 2012
Imagine the scene I just witnessed... Ella emerging from the pantry with a napkin in hand... Cal on all fours on a kitchen chair... Ella pulling Cal's pants down to wipe his exposed butt with the napkin...

December 19, 2012
Methinks we need a new approach to giving Ella her antibiotic...
Ella, post antibiotic


December 22, 2012
I did my 2.6 mile run for Sandy Hook earlier today with my old running partner, Cal... and Koala Bear, Camel, Puppy and Ducky. We dropped Koala Bear twice and ran over Puppy once with the stroller, but we all made it back home in tact.

December 31, 2012
Ella from her car seat, immediately after sneezing: "Bless you, Ya Ya."

December 31, 2012
got some confirmation that she and Dan are doing something right with these kids when she heard Cal's voice from the "ceiling tube" in the play area at Chick-fil-a this afternoon: "Hey, Big Kid. Watch out for her. She's my sister." Of course, a minute later, I saw Cal push Ella, now blocking easy passage though a tube, aside with no notice.

December 31, 2012
The crown Cal made for me the other day when I was dressed "like a princess." He even added a bow and a note that read (in order of how he wrote it) "MOMMY FROM CAL."


My crown made by Cal


No comments:

Post a Comment